Thursday, March 27, 2008

Virginia Readers' Choice Primary List

My last few weeks have been crazy. I've been out of town more than I've been in town, so I've written next to nothing on my blog. One of the out of town trips I took was a few weeks ago to the Virginia State Reading Association's annual reading conference. I always get jazzed up about teaching again and really love meeting authors. I will be highlighting my notes from some of my sessions with various authors over the next few days.

One of the last sessions I attended was one on the Virginia Readers' Choice booklist for 2008-09. I always read the elementary books with my kids and vote on them. The committee releases four different lists: Primary, Elementary, Middle School, High School. I'll highlight each list seperately over the next few days. This list hasn't been updated on the VSRA website as of this posting, but I received this list at the conference.

Primary List Grades K-3




Bad Boys Get Cookie! by Margie Palatini









Duck at the Door by Jackie Urbanovic






The Great Fuzz Frenzy by Janet Stevens and Susan S. Crummel










I Saw An Ant on the Railroad Track by Joshua Prince










Library Lion by Barbara Knudsen









Little Lost Bat by Sandra Markle







Mammoths on the Move by Lisa Wheeler








Once I Ate a Pie by Patricia MacLachlan







Stars Beneath Your Bed by April Sayre








Wolves by Emily Gravett

1 comment:

MotherReader said...

Oh, how exciting! I always look forward to this list and what they've included. Wolves and Clementine jumped out at me as personal favorites.