Friday, July 6, 2007

Poetry Friday--Blueberry Haiku

We went blueberry picking last Saturday at Crow's Nest Farm. I've never done that before. We picked loads of blueberries. Then I came home to make blueberry jam and a blueberry pie.

I have always admired cloudscome at A Wrung Sponge and her photos and haiku. So, I thought I'd try a little of my own. Here's the picture I took at the blueberry patch along with my haiku.


shades of blue clustered
ripening til it falls in

a bucket of blue


--Marcie Flinchum Atkins

Today's Poetry Friday roundup is at Farm School.





1 comment:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Wow. That is beautiful! I hope you will publish more of your haiku and photos. We went blueberry picking last week too. It has to be one of my absolutely favorite things to do in the whole world. "A bucket of blue." *sigh*