Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My goals for the year

New Year's Day...I go back to my normal routine tomorrow and I will start out running. I have a student teacher coming, and I'm going to teach a college level course and take a graduate level course at the same time. Plus I'll be teaching fourth grade full time (I'm nuts I think). Whew! I'm already losing sleep over my big to-do list. So here are some of my goals for the year--personal and blogging goals.

Blogging goals:
1) I hope to add annotated bibliographies to my sidebar in my blog. I have several lists I want to add, so I hope to do this in the coming year. Some that are already in the works or completed: haiku books, books set in Jamestown, books set in Virginia by time period. Ones I want to do: modern fairy tale/folktale retellings.

2) Review more middle grade novels. When I looked at my favorite books of 2007, I realized I read a lot of middle grade novels, but didn't review them as frequently. I want to do more of that in 2007.

Personal goals:
1) Bake my own bread. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with this, but I'm going to try. I love to bake and I just bought myself some nice Chicago Metallic bread pans. I will try my first batch of Honey Wheat bread this afternoon.

2) Work more on my Work in Progress. I have been in a slump with my WIP which is collection of poetry that I am writing about growing up between cultures. I hope to have more of this done this year. I think I should write at least a poem a day. I think it's manageable with my crazy schedule.

3) Exercise more--this is always my goal, but I know I'll feel better if I do it PLUS I'll have more energy to get everything accomplished.

No comments: