Friday, September 14, 2007

5 Good Things I Did for Myself This Week

I am at the end of the second week in this school year, so I always feel like I've run a marathon by the end of September, but as I get older, I'm learning my limits and how to better take care of myself.

Here are 5 Good Things I Did for Myself This Week:
1) Took 2 naps last weekend. I was terribly exhausted and very sick with a sinus/allergy issue. Instead of checking off all the millions of things on my to do lists, I took a nap on Saturday and Sunday. My body needed it and thanked me all week. :)
2) I read a LOT. I spent every evening reading and reading some more. I left most of my schoolwork at school and read through 5 middle grade novels. I will be taking a trip to the library tomorrow to get through my books on hold.
3) I turned off the TV. That's right. I didn't watch TV in the evenings at all. I was so proud of myself. I love to read, but at the beginning of the year, most of the time, I'm too tired to do any reading. I usually drift off to sleep. But I didn't watch any TV, so little mindless vegging did NOT take place this week.
4) I wrote! Yes, I actually did some writing this week, which I am glad to be back in the swing of things. I have lots of ideas overflowing in my writer's notebook, but now I just need to get my B.I.C. (butt in chair) to put all of those ideas into meaningful context.
5) I have been working on Poetry Friday for my kids at school. Okay this is for someone else--my fourth graders--by I must confess, I think I enjoy this as much as they do. I love Poetry Friday on the blogs, so I'm doing it in my classroom. I am reading poetry every Friday and kids are making their own poetry anthology. Every Friday they either write their own poem or illustrate someone else's. One of the special ed. teachers asked if she could come in for Poetry Friday--of course, bring anyone, I said. :)

No comments: