Saturday, September 29, 2007

What I've Been Reading--August and September

August

Picture Books (I read about 50 more than this as bedtime stories, but these are just some of the ones I wrote down).

Max's Words by Kate Banks
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late by Mo Willems (my review here)
Once Upon a Time, The End (Asleep in 60 Seconds) by Geoffrey Kloske and Barry Blitt (my review here)

Poetry
Hey You! Poems to Skycrapers, Mosquitoes, and Other Fun Things selected by Paul Janeczko
Dogku by Andrew Clements
Dirty Laundry Pile: Poems in Different Voices selected by Paul Janeczko

Middle Grade
The Neddiad by Daniel Pinkwater
No Talking by Andrew Clements
The Big House by Carolyn Coman

Young Adult
The Minister's Daughter by Julie Hearn
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Adult
Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
Once Around the Track by Sharyn McCrumb
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

September

Picture Books
(Once again, I read about 50 more than is listed here, but I only wrote a few down that I read for JUST me--the others I read over and over again with my daughter and we both enjoyed them).

The Memory String by Eve Bunting
Freedom on the Menu: The Greensboro Sit-Ins by Carole Boston Weatherford, illustrated by Jerome Lagarrigue
Bubba and Beau Meet the Relatives by Kathi Appelt
Duck and Goose by Tad Hills
He Came with the Couch by David Slonim
Love and Roast Chicken: A Trickster Tale from the Andes by Barbara Knutson
Mrs. Watson Wants Your Teeth by Alison McGhee
Russell and the Lost Treasure by Rob Scotton
Three Pebbles and a Song by Eileen Spinelli

Middle Grade
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis
Firegirl by Tony Abbott
Jack Plank Tells Tales by Natalie Babbitt
Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
On the Wings of Heroes by Richard Peck

Poetry
This is Just to Say by Joyce Sidman

Young Adult
The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson

Adult
The Pact by Jodi Picoult
Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult
Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein

No comments: