Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #14

Today's challenge required a little bit of reading and research, but it was well worth it. I am working out of town, so I didn't have as much time as I had hoped. The prompt was to write a cleave poem. It's a unique 3-in-1 poem. Read the bold-faced lines on the left as their own poem. Then read the regular print words as one poem. Then read the whole line as one poem. I find it fascinating. For more about cleave poems, check out this page.


I want to love this place, I hate it here
inhaling the smells I don't recognize
triggering fond memories the lure of place
listen to the language, babble I can't comprehend
understand with my soul why my mother loves
call this city home again

by Marcie Flinchum Atkins
April 14, 2010

Okay cleave, I'll be back again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear M.F. Atkins

If you would like to discuss and workshop cleave poems please come over to:
http://cleavepoetryworkshop.com

I like your work.

Best wishes
Phuoc-Tan Diep