Thursday, April 15, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #15

I'm not terribly musically inclined, so today's prompt was interesting. I had to pick out a stanza or a few lines from a poem that didn't work. Hum those lines. Find a tune. Sing them aloud, then write two or more stanzas that go with that same tune.

Here it goes:

Famous

I'm three words away
from famous
but I just don't know
which three.

I'm a bus ride away
from town
but I just don't know
which line.

I'm a brick wall away
from a real life
but I just don't know
how to climb.

I'm a poem away
from sanity
but I just can't find
the words.

by Marcie Flinchum Atkins
April 15, 2010

2 comments:

Robin said...

Nice, Marci! Know that feeling of feeling like you're sort of almost there...but not quite...especially with this NaPoWriMo challenge!!!

Wayne Pitchko said...

its all good....a poem away from sanity is outstanding for me....thanks for this