Thursday, April 1, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #1

Today is the first day of April, and the first day of my poem-a-day challenge. I am reading the Read Write Poem prompts. Some days I'll try them. Other days, I might just do my own thing.

Today's prompt was to "Shuffle a Poem". You can view the details here, but the gist is that you shuffle your iPod. Write down the first 5 titles that pop up and use them in a poem.

Here's my attempt.

Fellow traveler--
Do you hide behind your
       book,
       earbuds,
       laptop?
So much for my sad song...

Do you miss
      hearing,
      noticing,
      wondering
what might have been if you
let the words escape?

Do you want to
     see,
     connect,
     believe?

Pardon my dust...
You can sit here.
What I've witnessed is
indescribable.

by Marcie Flinchum Atkins
April 1, 2010

Playlist:
Fellow Traveler--Ginny Owens
Indescribable--Chris Tomlin
Let the Words Escape--Chris Rice
Pardon My Dust--Chris Rice
So Much for My Sad Song--Chris Rice
(So much for shuffling--3 of them by the same artist--sorry)

No comments: