I've been tagged by Kim Norman at Stone Stoop. Here are 5 random things about me:
1) I have lived in 3 countries and 2 states. (USA, Thailand, Malaysia, Kentucky, Virginia).
2) "It's a small world"--that annoying little Disney song really applies to my life. I went to boarding school in Malaysia. I grew up in Thailand. My roommate from boarding school grew up in Indonesia. In college we lived hundreds of miles away from each other in the US. Then she moved to Africa. Last year, she moved back to the USA and ended up 15 minutes away from me. "It's a small world....after all." I also used to run into friends in airports, randomly--like I once ran into a friend from high school in the airport in Seoul, Korea. We were both on layovers. "It's a small, small world."
3) I have an owl living in a tree outside my office. I feel like Harry Potter. It's really kind of cool.
4) I'm terrified of birds (except for the owl that lives outside my office window). When I was a kid I was attacked by a rooster multiple times. He used to make welps on my legs. I tranferred all of that fear to birds of all kinds. On a recent trip to Thailand, my daughter was entranced with the chickens that bobbled everywhere. I kept running away from them.
5) I am a morning person. I don't do things well late at night. I never have. Last night I stayed out until 9:45 at a party--I was so proud of myself. I was also the first one to leave. But I hit the floor running every morning.